Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sisters Brothers






















"Oh sister sister let me live, and all that's mine I'll surely give..." Presenting a sibling ten pack, in honour of a hilarious novel I enjoyed recently: The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt. Be sure to pick up a copy of this surprising western noir. And buy some albums if you like what you hear below, my amigos da musica.

Pentangle - Cruel Sister
Wild Tchoupitoulas - Brother John
Arson Garden - Two Sisters (Love All Around Them)
Dennis Brown - Together Brothers
J.J. Cale - Don't Cry Sister
Prince Far I & The Arabs - Hello Love Brother
MC5 - Sister Anne
Art Pepper - Four Brothers
Horace Silver - Sister Sadie
Bill Carter - Baby Brother

And the obvious bonus track:
F.J. McMahon - Sister Brother

4 comments:

drjohnny said...

Classic... I am reading this book right now!

Ramone666 said...

Cool. Hope you like it as much as I did.

Unknown said...

A virgin to this blogging lark, and slightly apprehensive. However, you're my first, and pleasantly surprised with our common kinship; similar eclectic taste and philosophy.

How would you feel about reviewing my forthcoming album 'All Upon a Lovely Summer's day'?

Unknown said...

I found this book to have lived up to the hype, at least as much as I had heard before I purchased it. It is dark, and gritty, and has moments of gallows humor, and seems chock full of symbolism which I might understand more on the second read through. The whole thing is written as though in the memoirs of Eli, which apparently some people did not understand, and so seems at first stilted, but quickly becomes endearing.

Charmaine Smith (For more on Guided 7 Day Montana Elk Hunting Pack Trips Click Here)